"Learn To Code!"

code
learning
thoughts

there is always something new for people to be offended by, every day a new trend, the last one on Twitter these days is “learn to code”, however anything includes the sentiment of “learning” should never be something to be offended by, me myself I would love to be directed to any way of learning new things and I would also ask to be guided along the way :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If you don’t got previous experience in coding, I recomend you start with python, how to declare variables and make loops :wink:

3 Likes

I started with C. In Phyton you don’t declare variable types explicitly, right? It’s like Matlab.

3 Likes

So first you should decide which language you want to learn. Here is a list of the top programming languages in 2018 to give you an idea: https://spectrum.ieee.org/static/interactive-the-top-programming-languages-2018

Personally, I would recommend you to start with Python or NodeJs and then switch to something like Golang, Rust or something else later. If you know a language it is relatively easy to learn a new one.

@Codonyat Yes, that’s correct. You can simply define a variable and assign a value.

my_string = “My String Value”

With Python 3.6 you can specify a data type

my_string: str = “My String Value”

6 Likes

Where can one start to learn python online? Free resources and easy to learn for a new to programming person

2 Likes

I’m Just testing an app for phone ETKI looks great, also it got more interesting things, like Javascript or Blockchain.

2 Likes

Exactly, also it’s easy because it let you switch from one type of variable to another for example:

my_string = “blockcollider devs”
print(type(my_string)) - > output = String
my_string = True
print(type(my_string)) - > output = Bool

Same variable can switch of kind of variable also an string later can be a tuple, a list or a dict or any other type.

Cheers!

2 Likes

@Opeyemi automate the boring stuff with python I found a very useful introduction to python. Also reddit has lots of help threads and suggestions to get you started. Finally, StackOverflow is good not only in asking questions regarding how to resolve issues in code but also good in searching for user who have had similar issues and soultions on how it was solved. Hope this helps

3 Likes

Great… thanks