OCM error: 'failed to connect to all addresses'

Anybody know what this error means and how to fix it? Can’t seem to get the OCM to mine because of it.
trace: error: 14 unavailable: ‘failed to connect to all addresses’

Hey @CoopDogg18 ! Good question! Looks like it’s a log from the miner showing a native mining failure. What kind of GPU are you running and can you share some more logs before and after that line?

thanks for the reply!! i have an nvidia rtx 3070. here you go…

“details”: “failed to connect to all addresses”
},
“flags”: 0
“_internal_repr”: {},
“metadata”: {
“code”: 14,
20210701 01:04:22 e[31merror mining.officer Native mining request failed{
at callback (/bc/node_modules/grpc/src/client_interceptors.js:847:24)
at InterceptingListener.onReceiveStatus (/bc/node_modules/grpc/src/client_interceptors.js:618:8)
at InterceptingListener._callNext (/bc/node_modules/grpc/src/client_interceptors.js:568:42)
at Object.onReceiveStatus (/bc/node_modules/grpc/src/client_interceptors.js:1210:9)
at /bc/lib/mining/officer.js:886:19
}
details: ‘failed to connect to all addresses’
metadata: Metadata { _internal_repr: {}, flags: 0 },
code: 14,
at callback (/bc/node_modules/grpc/src/client_interceptors.js:847:24) {
at InterceptingListener.onReceiveStatus (/bc/node_modules/grpc/src/client_interceptors.js:618:8)
at InterceptingListener._callNext (/bc/node_modules/grpc/src/client_interceptors.js:568:42)
at Object.onReceiveStatus (/bc/node_modules/grpc/src/client_interceptors.js:1209:28)
at Object.exports.createStatusError (/bc/node_modules/grpc/src/common.js:91:15)
Trace: Error: 14 UNAVAILABLE: failed to connect to all addresses

Got it. Thanks for the additional logs. This looks like it’s the native mining timing out. Normally that gets solved by letting it run for a bit, but it can be fixed by a start and stop of the miner. Try updating to the latest docker version and stop/start. Let me know if it occurs again and, if it doesn, how quickly.

I just let it run through the night after updating to latest image. i’ve restarted it many times, and re-installed windows several times… it’s definitely got me stumoed haha! i’ve been dealing with the same error message for about a month or so and haven’t mined since. I have been able to pool mine successfully though.

I can get the chains synced but my gpu never spins up and I continually get the error message no matter how many things I try. I believe some other people have mentioned the same issue and didn’t find a fix.

Ok, final question: what OS build of windows are you running? Windows 10 or 11?

I think we have identified a potential fix. We’re working on it and testing tonight. Will have an update soon.

Windows 10. my computer is not compatible with windows 11 preview build.

Hey @CoopDogg18 , just keeping you posted, we’re still looking into this issue. Can you try restarting your miner on the latest build and letting it run overnight?

still receiving the error on latest build. i will try running overnight and see what happens! :slight_smile:

issue is fixed!! thanks for your help!

Great news! Our tireless Engineering team pushed some updates in the latest build that were supposed to help with this issue and it sounds like they did! Happy mining @CoopDogg18 !!!

well… i did get it running for about 30 minutes and mined 1 block and then the miner stopped out of the blue and now I am still receiving the error and GPU not spinning up after about 6 hours of trying… but i shall persist! appreciate the help.

could this possibly be something with my firewall or something of the sort??

Could be your firewall settings, but I’m unsure. Would try first restarting your computer then refresh the miner on the latest snapshot (which will auto-restart). Do that and then let’s go from there. May need to DM you to pick up some logs if that doesn’t resolve.

I had this running for about 5 days with same error of “failed to connect to all addresses” with a few fresh installs and many restarts and just curious if there is a fix or if this is due to the windows build and maybe official windows 11 launch in october will fix this? would love to start mining. Did some research into the gRPC error 14 and it seems like it could be an issue with ports in docker? No idea… Let me know. Thanks!

ok so I think I MAY have figured out a solution… not sure just yet but it has connected for the time being after removing docker desktop from my computer.